Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Tweeting Idiot

So, I sent out a NCAA March Madness-related tweet today.

It came down as an "AP Urgent" at work, and I got caught up in the excitement. And it was less than 140 characters.. and... I just sent it out.

But I don't really care about basketball. That is, unless I'm in a newsroom that does brackets. But I'm not, currently. So I immediately regretted sending it.

The stupid tweet wasn't even about local teams. It was about freaking Kansas. I've never been to Kansas. I don't think anyone in family has ever been to Kansas.

I wanted to take-back-tweet. But that's not a real-life option.

It's not like I was going to follow-up with any other b-ball tweets.. I had no clue what I was talking about.

And as the "Selection Show" continued.. people started tweeting tons about the "selections" and what have you. Then I realized I was in over my head. I had no idea what they were talking about.

TAKE THIS TWEET, FOR EXAMPLE:

fredontv (WSPA Anchor/Former Sportscaster) Tweets: "How do they take non-balanced conference sked into account when all conferences keep growing 12-16 teams? Let's just dump non-league games."

Wh? Wha? What?

What the HECK does that mean?

I tweeted out of my league today.

Feeling like a tweediot.

No comments:

Post a Comment