Saturday, December 25, 2010

Flicks For Me

I adore holiday movies. Ahhh-DORE.

And I make it a personal goal to get them all in before the Christmas gets here.

I started watching in November, but there's a few I didn't get to this year... although you wouldn't know it by this list.

While decorating the tree in very late November, we watched A Christmas Carol (The new animated one, with Jim Carrey) It was quite good.

I also got in...

Elf. Of course I had to watch this one at least three times.

I TiVo'd It's a Wonderful Life during it's annual run on NBC. I watched it at least two-and-a half times. I grew up watching black and white movies courtesy of Mom, and still Netflix them to this day. There's a slew of them I still need to see that are considered classics. I recently watched Shop Around the Corner, which is the inspiration for one of my favorite movies You've Got Mail.

AMC alternated White Christmas and the orginal Miracle on 34th Street on Christmas Eve. So as we put the last minute touches on the tables, and set the cookies out on the platters and cleaned like crazy people, we watched these two classics.

The weekend after Thanksgiving, while helping mom decorate her tree, we watched How the Grinch Stold Christmas. The movie. I also TiVo'd the original on TV.

Other little Christmas specials I recorded on TV and am not ashamed to admit I did:

Disney's Prep and Landing
Charlie Brown Christmas
Shrek the Halls
Frosty the Snowman
A Year Without Christmas (I haven't seen this one before this year, but was always told I needed to watch it.)
Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer

I know, I need a kid.

I'd better not forget A Christmas Story. I look foward to this TBS marathon almost as much as Christmas itself. I've never actually wanted to purchase this move, because I fear it would take away from the 8pm time period that I get excited for every December the 24th.

I of course bought Fred Claus when it came out. Love it.

Not sure if Love Actually is considered a Christmas flick, but I watch it only this time of year. And did this year, twice.

I actually purchased National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation this year because I was scared I'd miss it on TV. It barely made it here before Christmas, which gave me anxiety. But we watched it. Phew...

Christmas Day, AMC marathoned Scrooged. I think I was too full and distracted to watch the whole thing... but got enough in.

I didn't get to see Polar Express this year, and was sad about it. Our local cultural theater was showing it for cheap, but Jimmy says it's depressing and I couldn't get him to go. I secretly think he stopped believing at an early age... maybe it hits a little too close to home.

I also wanted to watch Family Stone, which is Christmas-esque. Maybe I'll watch that as I get ready for New Years fun, to squeeze it in.

It was a good Christmas movie year.

No comments:

Post a Comment