Thursday, June 2, 2011

To Tweet on the Honeymoon: Weird or Expected?

We're halfway through 2011. Times have changed. The world is fueled by social media. I check my Twitter feed like ten times before I even get out of the bed.

Tonight Jimmy mentioned that the brewery for my favorite beer was located in New Orleans. I got really excited, but what's sad is that I immediately thought about being able to "check-in" at really super fun places -- like the Abita brewery.

Omg. I'm lame-o.

Really?

It IS my honeymoon. I should disconnect. I should leave my phone turned off.

However.

It's New Orleans -- not Fiji. It's a few states away. We won't be on an island. We'll be on Bourbon Street. And I refuse to not have my phone with me for safety reasons. Yeah, safety reasons.

My phone... it's an addiction. I don't mean to sound like the commercial but if you don't have an iPhone you don't understand. I know, snob. It's life-changing. I have fears about my phone falling in water all the time. I think a friend recently looked at me funny when I stepped away from a fountain while texting... eventhough I wasn't standing that close.

I'm getting palpatations just thinking about it.

So the point is... I need to deal with my addiction while in New Orleans.

Can I tweet on my honeymoon?

I know what you're going to say.

You're going to say... I'm extra lame-o for wanting to be on my phone when I should be spending quality time with my new husband.

To that I say... I knooooowwwwwww.

Ugh.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is hilarious! I'm quite sure 5 years ago I wanted my phone as well, but it didn't work on our honeymoon. So I went to the this little kiosk a few times and took pictures to email back home. I also called my mama from the trip...so I don't say lame-o, unless it really upsets Jimmy. Will had an opinion, maybe he will post it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny and if my honeymoon were not 16 years ago, I'd have been in the same boat! The fear of water thing is hysterical. I have that too, only I didn't think about it, until you wrote it. LOVE your blog. Keep it coming. And even if you don't tweet, at least four square the good spots :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what was the verdict? I'm guessing yes, so I just asked Will to get updates when you tweet! Have a great time in NOLA!

    ReplyDelete