Monday, July 30, 2012

The Happiness Project

Today, a friend asked if I had read The Happiness Project. I thought she was trying to tell me something until she said she is currently reading the book.

It probably seeemed like something I'd like.

She's right.

The blog is pretty awesome, from what I've read.

This one post caught my eye because I SO DO THIS.

 Here's an excerpt from Gretchen Rubin:

"Try Not To Talk in a Mean Voice. Try Again. And Again." 

"So much of my Happiness Project is aimed at helping me curb my very strong tendency to “talk in a mean voice” or “make a mean face” (which is how my daughters refer to this behavior). In a flash of irritation or anger, I snarl at my sweet daughters or my good-natured husband.

They don’t like this, and I don’t like this. These outbursts are short, but they really sour the atmosphere of our home. Paradoxically, too, I often behave worse afterwards, instead of better, because my guilt about losing my temper puts me in a bad mood, which makes it even harder to behave myself."

Talk in a mean voice and make a mean face. Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment