Thursday, October 18, 2012

Five Quotes

I'm stealing these two quotes from a blog I'm following. The writer is dealing with a horrible, life-changing event.  Her honesty and courage to share is astounding.

She featured a letter this morning from a follower who offered realistic hope, among other things. At the end of her letter... she included these two quotes.

“There’s a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.” 
-Leonard Cohen


“The wound is the place where the light enters you.” 
-Rumi

The common denominator is light. 

Light to me symbolizes: hope for the future, smiles ahead, strength, being okay with a new normal. 

Other's hardships continue to help me. Other people with old hardships who offer some advice to those with new hardships also helps me. 

Life can crumble beneath you with the shake of a head, the snap of a finger... the turn of a key. 

Trying to survive it is all we can do. 

Fucking life.  

It's can be a pisser.

In response to this amazing letter from a stranger who is not at all strange, the blogger wrote quite the response. 

I wanted to remember a few things she said... so here they are. 

 “I am the luckiest girl in the world, which is a strange thing to think at a time like this.
"I'll take the crumbling to see that this circle is real."
"I'm not going to grin and bear it, but I'm going to bear it.
-Glennon Melton

No comments:

Post a Comment