Sunday, February 10, 2013

An Early Valentine

When I returned tonight from a weekend trip, I saw that I had gotten a letter from my sweet 90-year old grandmother Ruth, who resides in North Carolina.

I opened it to find just the cutest-sweetest-cutest little Valentine's Day card you ever did see.

I think what made this lil' old-fashioned snail-mail experience even better is the fact that she wrote, "Buy yourself an ice cream cone" inside the card and included $20.

She knows ice cream ain't cheap like it used to be.

God bless grandparents.


An old photo of Grandmother Ruth and her dashing late husband John, our beloved Grandfather
The 1940s

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet surprise! It makes me miss getting cards in the mail from GMP. Her handwriting looked the same. ;)

    ReplyDelete