Thursday, February 14, 2013

I Suck At Being Italian

They look innocent enough...
I really do not make my ancestors any kind of proud.

Jimmy called me while I was out running errands today and asked me to make homemade meatballs.

Easy enough.

I called my mom and asked her for her recipe. Hers are thee best. I miss them, actually. A big plate of homemade meatballs and spaghetti with homemade sauce?!

Fuggedaboutit!

Swimming in Marinara
I mean... I forgot to add the bread crumbs. A major component. Also, the parmesan. Basically I just made hamburger balls. Also the bread I used was clearly too old to be touched. They actually made the hamburger balls taste weird.

Luckily I could drown them in pasta sauce to make them edible.

Really, this is my first attempt. So, I can only go up from here.

Jimmy. Bless his heart. He said, "They're better than the frozen ones."

I need to practice being a better Italian. Or not experiment on a holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment