Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sex Panther

April 2009

Jimmy is kinda sad today. Just a little blue.

So, I wanted to post this photo of him holding a bottle of Sex Panther cologne. It's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good. It's a formidable scent. It stings the nostrils. In a good way.

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works every time.

That doesn't make sense.

Someone (you, Turner?) actually spent their hard-earned cash on this for Jimmy's birthday several years back. Somewhere in this apartment is a bottle of Sex Panther.

This picture reminds me of the sense of humor his/our friends/family have. How funny and genuine they are. How caring they are.

This is why I need a favor from you guys. I'm here rallying the troops. Leave him a comment on this post, or here and here.  Text or call him (just know he may not return it right away).  I will make sure he gets all of it.

Jimmy needs his army today.

Tell him it's okay to feel discouraged about his injury. Tell him it's okay to be sad about it. Tell him it's okay to want his old life back. Tell him it's okay that he doesn't want to make new friends in wheelchairs because he just wants his old friends.  Tell him it's okay not to want to be around people who have been in chairs for 40 years because it's depressing to think about that being him one day. Tell him one day at a time. Tell him he is still the same.

Make him laugh. Make him happy cry. Tell him you love him.

Thanks, y'all.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Guys! I hate that I missed seeing you both when you were here earlier this month. We were in Florida. We really miss seeing you both up here. The newsroom has changed a lot. I don't know half the people in there anymore. I'm sorry to hear you are having a bad day. Wish I had something to cheer you up. Maybe you can send me a virtual hair flip! I'm thinking about you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the faith Jimmy! We're rootin for you. One day a time. Hope and faith of a better day is what keeps us all going in life...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jimmy and Jamie,

    I do not know either of you but I can tell you two love each other intensely. Stay strong and faithful. Trust in God.
    Jeremiah 29:11

    ReplyDelete
  4. RUDE!! Jimmy you better turn that frown around. Many of us still look to you to keep us motivated to get through the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaimie...you are an excellent writer. I look forward to reading what you have to say. I do not read much online but I always check your blog. Sending lots of hugs to you & Jimmy from NC. I look forward to meeting you one day. I'm an old friend of Jimmy's (but who isn't?!!!?? That man is one of the coolest, most fabulous people ever :):):) ).
    Hugs, Amanda

    ReplyDelete