Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Dresser Before and After

I'm happy with how this turned out: the painting of the dresser. This is Jimmy's old furniture and he's had it since I've known him. It's a little dated but not bad enough to get rid of, I don't think. There's still hope for this large hunk-a-wood. (That's what she said!) 

Sorry...

I Houzz'd some photos and then picked two of my favorite colors and decided which parts of the dresser not to paint. 

Colors (Behr Ultra Paint + Primer)
*Ashwood (grey) 
*Cozy Cottage (cream) 

Here's what I came up with: 




4 comments:

  1. Oh I love what you've done. I have a very similar (or maybe even the same one...) that I've had forever, but don't want to fork over the money for a new one. But this is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. You can do it. It was a fun project!

      Delete
  2. I am looking to redo a dresser and nightstand. Did you have to strip and sand the dresser first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did very little sanding and several coats.

      Delete