Thursday, July 10, 2014

24 Weeks


I can't do the same questionnaire for each belly sticker so here are my Pregnancy Bullet Points. 

*I use far too many apps to track Beansie's progress, but from what I can gather, she appears to be as large as an eggplant this week. Weight is around 1-1.5 lbs and length is nearing or at one foot. Eeeep! 

*Feeling more stuff. It's still very random, but sometimes when I forgot why I'm swelling or feeling like poo, I get a little nudge reminder -- It's for her. 

*I'm sleeping fairly well these days. (Knock. Wood.) I know it won't last, but it's soooo nice. 

*We have a name! It's.... a secret. Believe it or not, this was Jimmy's idea. I think he knows I'll put too much stock into what people will say and the name we have chosen isn't your average girl's name.  I'm sure we'll get plenty of opinions, but maybe people will be less harsh (or less vocal) if they have a cute, cuddly, squishy face to put with it. 

*I heart maternity underwear. 

*My belly is growing but people still either: can't tell I'm pregnant or, if they were made aware, usually have a comment about how I'm not showing much at all. Uhm, complex. When I was at the OB last week, she said I measured fine. I guess I can look back at this when people are asking me if I'm carrying multiples and laugh. Or cry. Side note: I feel totally bad for ever commenting on a pregnant woman's belly size. Ever.

*Headaches, back and hip stiffness and swelling are things that are happening. Also, when I get up in the morning and walk towards the coffee pot, my feet feel like I danced in high heels at a wedding the night before. 

*No weird cravings but this morning I found myself ready for lunch at 9:30. 

*Drinking enough water is like a job. I have to stay. on. it.  

*Glucose screening test is coming up in a few weeks, to hopefully rule out gestational diabetes. 

*Jimmy is getting excited I think. We've talked about two-year old soccer at the Y after he saw a sign (how friggin' cute?) and he's said "my kid" on occasion when talking about certain scenarios. He likes to break the news to his favorite people like the proud papa he already is. 

*OH AND THIS: He asked for a baby belly rub before he was rolled into surgery. I took his hand and put it on my belly before they took him. Yeah, I know -- tears. 

Will update on the Project Closet Nursery soon. It's coming along quite nicely I might say. 

1 comment:

  1. So sweet that jimmy! And your belly looks great! I'm glad you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete