Thursday, August 7, 2014

28 Weeks

 
*I feel like all my belly pics have been headless. Weird, right? So here's one with. Haaaay, y'all. 

*Third trimester has begun. Home stretch, baby. I kind of can't believe it. 12 weeks left. 84 days to go. I'm nearly 6 and a half months pregnant.  

*All my apps say baby is about 14-16 inches long and weighs about 2.5lbs. Produce comparison scale for this week: Tropical coconut, head of cauliflower, eggplant, papaya. Take your pick. 

*I'm told by the internets that if baby were to come this week, she'd have a 80-90% chance of survival -- probably with some assistance breathing until those lungs matured a little more. 

*Feeling more and more from her these days. It's pretty amazing. Kicks and movement. I maybe felt hiccups once or twice but not a ton of that just yet. 

*Week 26 marked some pretty strong pregnancy symptoms. Yikes. I'll leave it at that. 

*I have a cold right now. And although it sucks, I've been craving fruits and veggies and things that will probably make me better. I bet this is why my swelling has been kept at bay. Maybe?  

*I've graduated to bi-weekly OB appointments. Moving on up. I passed my glucose test but was told I am anemic so iron supplements, spinach, and steak!

*On my to-do list: start looking at some baby doctors, schedule some maternity classes at the hospital and pack for our final trip/Babymoon to South Carolina. Woo!  Oh yeah, I think I need to figure out how I'd get to the hospital if I go into labor. Yep.

2 comments:

  1. Yay Jaimie! From one Jamie to another Jaimie, congrats! This week was one of my favorites because I felt like I crossed a bridge knowing in my LO came suddenly that she would most likely survive. Morbid I know, but I go that way. I am so excited for you! You are going to be an amazing Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that growing belly! Can't believe it's going by so fast! Can't wait to meet Little!

    ReplyDelete