Friday, August 8, 2014

Year Number Three


I'm so glad you lived, Jimmy.

Today marks year number three since the flying tire. Three years ago, we experienced the most traumatic day, hopefully, in our lives. The crash. The injury. The paralysis. Our new life was just beginning. 

This morning, I took this card with an ice cream cake into Jimmy's room to wake him. He had a few bites of cake for breakfast, read his card and we talked a little bit about some of our memories from that time. 

Jimmy shared something new with me. He told me about a conversation he had with a doctor following his set of surgeries back on August 9, 2011. 

The doctor told him he didn't want to bog him down with details until he recovered a little more, but said, "James, you don't know how lucky you are."

***

Other posts:

The first time I blogged after the crash (2011): A New Normal (This picture still makes me crumble.)

My very first Life Day post (2012): My Love Letter (Still my most read blog.)

Last year's Life Day post (2013) Your Emergency Row Ambassador (One of my favorite blogs I've written.)

2 comments:

  1. I've read your past life day posts before, but just read them again. They are truly profound. Thank you for the honesty. Happy Life Day to you and Jimmy.

    ReplyDelete