Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Five Words

I'm totally borrowing this idea from Cup of Jo, who borrowed it from the fantastic Nora Ephron.

How would you describe yourself in five words?

In her today blog, Joanna used this quote from Nora about how her five words have changed over time:

“We have a game we play when we’re waiting for tables in restaurants, where you have to write the five things that describe yourself on a piece of paper. When I was [in my twenties], I would have put: ambitious, Wellesley graduate, daughter, Democrat, single. Ten years later not one of those five things turned up on my list. I was: journalist, feminist, New Yorker, divorced, funny. Today not one of those five things turns up in my list: writer, director, mother, sister, happy.”

I want to do this now and compare in five years, so remind me to look back.

Right now, I think my five words would be: pregnant, preparer, caretaker, cumbersome, lucky.  

My Five Word Selfie (2014)
(Will I be more grey and wrinkly in five years? Will I really have a five-year old?)

Tell me your five words. 

5 comments:

  1. Forgiven, free, father, fun-loving, friendly (you knew I was going to use alliteration...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes... I could have guessed that. I expect nothing less, though. :)

      Delete
  2. Mama, determined, natural, fortunate, planner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother, teacher, over doer, focused, insistent

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm... writer, ostomate, wife, grad student, Southerner

    ReplyDelete