Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Our Trip Home





We're back from a much-needed trip home. Spencer's first trip to the SC coast! We stayed at my parent's house. Felt kinda full-circleish having her there: my baby pictures on the wall, having my own daughter in my old room.

Mom and Dad spent every waking second possible holding and loving on their little one and only. They loved having their granddaughter there and introducing her to their kitties.

Spencer met her uncle Nick, was cuddled lots by cousins Madison and Makayla, met some of Dadda's buds, met Momma's old co-workers, Mom and Dad's neighbors. We didn't squeeze everyone in, but hope to continue showing off Spencie next time we make it in.   

It was super duper hot, which made our first trip to the beach a quick one. Just long enough to nab some pretty great pics. We met Spence's bud, Luna, there. Sweet, salt-water memories.

This was Spencer's longest trip in the car -- six hours. Luckily we had help. My dear friend and baby Luna rode with us. Two babies, two ladies. Jamie was such a huge help entertaining Spencer as I drove. Luna is still at the age where she's pretty content for the majority of the ride, but we made it!  

There was so much joy in bringing Spencer to where I grew up... she loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment