An Early Valentine
When I returned tonight from a weekend trip, I saw that I had gotten a letter from my sweet 90-year old grandmother Ruth, who resides in North Carolina.
I opened it to find just the cutest-sweetest-cutest little Valentine's Day card you ever did see.
I think what made this lil' old-fashioned snail-mail experience even better is the fact that she wrote, "Buy yourself an ice cream cone" inside the card and included $20.
She knows ice cream ain't cheap like it used to be.
God bless grandparents.
I opened it to find just the cutest-sweetest-cutest little Valentine's Day card you ever did see.
I think what made this lil' old-fashioned snail-mail experience even better is the fact that she wrote, "Buy yourself an ice cream cone" inside the card and included $20.
She knows ice cream ain't cheap like it used to be.
God bless grandparents.
![]() |
![]() |
| An old photo of Grandmother Ruth and her dashing late husband John, our beloved Grandfather The 1940s |





What a sweet surprise! It makes me miss getting cards in the mail from GMP. Her handwriting looked the same. ;)
ReplyDeleteSo sweet and special!
ReplyDelete