Domestic in Decatur: Honey Crisp Apple Crisp
I bought a bag of honey crisp apples recently.
Have you had a honey crisp? It was hard for me to eat any other apple after I had one. An apple-picker friend got me addicted.
I texted her: why are these types of apples so expensive?
Her response: because they are so good.
I got slightly overwhelmed with the bag of apples. I am one person. Jimmy doesn't eat raw apples. It's fall. I just picked up some organic rolled oats from the farmer's market. Bag of apples. Oats. Let's do this.
I feel like any apple could do for apple crisp, no? I actually had a few a la carts: one red delicious, one granny smith and the bag of honey crisps.
I found this recipe for a "healthier" apple crisp. I tweaked it and used pure maple syrup instead of white sugar and sadly, didn't have whole wheat flour so I had to use white. I also didn't have any pecans.
Came out so so good. Delightfully edible and served as a proper fall air-freshener. Win win.
Team Autumn!



Comments
Post a Comment