Baby Shower!

What a great day Baby Shower Day was! My mom, friend, and aunt threw me the prettiest, sweetest celebration for Baby Girl Moore when I was home in South Carolina. 

And I have to say, my mom's gal pals were the best little helpers, helping Mom get so much together on the heels of her father's death and a sickness she had been battling herself. We're grateful and the shower wouldn't have been the same without them.

Everything was beautiful. I wish I had more time to talk to people who carved out time to come by. I also wish I would have taken pictures. I borrowed most of these but picked up a few good ones.   


One of the two cakes that was made was a replica of the bedding I registered for. It's the quilt. What a cool idea. 

The diaper cake, although he'd never admit it, was my Dad's little project. He stepped up while Mom was sick and crafted that masterpiece.

My mom got me a bunch of Vera Bradley Baby stuff. Who even knew there was a Vera Bradley Baby line? Not I. What a cool gift! Gorgeous patterns.

Mommy's BFF. Perfect.

And, this gift tag was made from the baby shower invite. Love that.

Jimmy came in (and got a hearty round of applause when he cleared the man-made ramp) in time to see me open some gifts. 

Some of the activities for guests: making clay babies (I got to play judge and pick my favorite). Also, writing messages to Baby Girl Moore for her to open on her various birthdays. Brilliant.

I got so many clothes! And, without having an official nursery theme, got so much stuff with owls! Mom tells me owls are good luck. I happen to love them and am happy to have a good owl collection going.

Our due date is October 30th. My dad is seriously hoping for a Halloween grandbaby. Can you tell? He had a giant ghost greeting guests out front.

Funny story: During the start of the shower, when people were still coming in, I saw a lady enter holding a baby gift. I greeted her. I didn't immediately recognize her but said hi and hugged her. She told me who she was. Really nothing was ringing bells. I assumed my mom invited her. I walked away and started talking to someone else while she took a seat next to my friend Jennifer.

Jennifer told me the conversation went something like this:

Jennifer: Hello, how do you know Jaimie?
Mystery lady: Who's Jaimie?
Jennifer: Jaimie! I need you over here!

Turns out, she was at the wrong baby shower. Her shower was also at 1pm on Sunday and also for a baby girl, buuuut was a few blocks away.

So close.

I bet it was slightly weird for her when she looked around and, ya know, didn't recognize anyone.

The food was perfect. The games were perfect. The gifts were... what can I say? We're so grateful for all the goodies we received. (My sister suggested we do a diaper raffle. Yeah. I think I'm set for 6-8 months. I can do snow angels in all the diapers I received. I can make it rain with all the diapers I received. Okay, I'm done.) 

Most importantly the company I had on that beautiful Sunday afternoon... was perfect.

Couldn't have asked for anything more. We are loved. This baby is already so very lucky.

Comments

  1. Baby showers are one of our unforgettable celebrations when we become a parent. It's something that we can look back when our kids get older. What I love about baby shower is the time that the mom-to-be will open her gifts and saying how thankful she is for receiving a nice gift from her guests. Baby shower is the perfect time to bond with people we haven't seen for a while before delivering the baby. Well, I see that you've had a very beautiful baby shower. Thanks you for this one. I enjoyed a lot by watching these cool photos you shared.


    http://newbabyzone.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts